The Galliard Family Business Advisor Institute is an educational membership organization of advisors and business leaders working to support the success of family-owned and closely-held businesses, raise the standards of family business advising, and provide continuity in service across our network.
Our mission is to build economically strong communities by focusing on the foundation of those communities: the small family-owned and closely-held business.
We are a collaborative network of committed and passionate individuals who share a mission-driven purpose to make a difference in the lives of millions of small businesses. We do this by providing information, training and resources to all of the professionals who come in contact with these businesses – to ensure access to coordinated, cost-effective services provided at the time that the business requires.
- Family Business Advisor Core (FBAC) Training – Our FBAC Training is designed to help professional advisors explore the unique features of the family business and learn how, in our various roles, we can assist the family to become more engaged and equipped to build value, meet the challenges of both business and family and create a sustainable business for the future.
- Galliard FBA Certification – Many of our advisors seek the additional challenge and distinguished status of becoming certified in the Galliard methodology. Certification requires completion of the Family Business Advisor Core (FBAC) Training, successful completion of the online knowledge assessment, the design and completion of a project with a family-owned business, and the submission of a written case study.
- Ongoing Training and Resource Development – Our commitment to learning and sharing information means that we are continuing to develop new programs that fit our mission. View the calendar to see upcoming webinars, discussion groups and advisor coaching.
- Online Knowledge Sharing and Community Building
- Member Directory – Visit the Member Directory to see a list of our members, certified advisors and trained advisors, both nationally and internationally.
- Resource Library – Check out the Resource Library for articles, videos and tips from leading family business experts. A full suite of programs, materials and tools are available to members. A selection of materials is available to visitors.
The Galliard Way is a method of working with clients in a manner that is respectful, encouraging, and professional, that was developed by our founder, Lisë Stewart. With the focus squarely on the best interests of the business, we recognize the importance of making the experience positive and hopeful.