Governing principles of our family business advising practice
The Galliard Way is a method of working with clients in a manner that is respectful, encouraging, and professional. With the focus squarely on the best interests of the business, we recognize the importance of making the experience positive and hopeful.
- We believe in the inherent value of family businesses as the foundation of the world’s economy.
- We believe in integrating BOTH the needs of the family and the needs of the business to realize the organization’s potential– and all parties know and understand the delicate balance between the two.
- We believe all family businesses, regardless of size, should have access to the help they need to survive, thrive and transition successfully.
- We believe in honoring the hard work of founders and each generation for their care and contribution to their stakeholders.
- We believe that family businesses deserve to have a trusted advisor–someone who helps to orchestrate the process, integrate the services and simplify the complexity of transition.
- We believe in working in the best interest of the business to keep them alive and thriving, while honoring the owner and family.
If you support these beliefs, we welcome you to join us. We are building a strong network of advisors and business leaders to help family businesses thrive. Learn more about the Institute.
Our promise: To promote collaboration in practice, continuity in service, and philosophy in coverage across the nation and beyond.
Check out the video: Collaboration, Continuity and Coverage
- Collaboration: We have created a national network of people who are passionate about family businesses and who are willing to collaborate to bring a wide range of experts together to meet the needs of the clients that they serve. The strong focus of collaboration is a truly unique feature of our organization and our national network.
- Continuity: We focus on continuity in purpose, philosophy and practice – with the key principles of change with dignity and honoring both the family and the business. We continually refine our practice, add more robust tools and training, and commit to providing service and support to our members.
- Coverage: We are building local, national, and international coverage – to ensure that any small business, regardless of how rural and remote, can get access to the help they need to survive and thrive through the important transitions in ownership, leadership and growth. We support a virtual army of advisors across the country.